I don’t usually have time to make 2 videos in one week, but I’ve been trying recently to come up with some quick, simple projects that can be completed in just a few hours (including drying time). This one is super simple and small, but such a fun messy mixed media piece!!
- I started with a small 5*5 white canvas, and added Ranger brand texture paste to the surface, in a diagonal from one corner to the other.
- Some splashes of black india ink doused with a bit of water added just the right amount of messiness to the surface.
- While the paste was still wet, I embedded my quilled paper pieces into the surface.
- A few more splashes were needed to mess up the paper pieces a bit. Plus, a bit of red was needed, too.
- After everything dried completely, I mixed a small amount of ice resin. I poured it over the quilling pieces, and it adds such a fun watery look to the whole piece.
So as you can see, this was a pretty simple, messy mixed media piece. The part the takes the longest is rolling the paper pieces, but for a small canvas like this, you won’t need very many.
I’m trying to decide what this piece reminds me of… stones in a brook? A mountain range? Growths in the skin? Gross, but I could see that. What do you see?